I suck at math but I want a math minor why this

Students not majoring in mathematics may receive a minor in math by taking four courses at the 4000 level or above from the MATH and MATP course groups. These courses should form a coherent program and have the prior approval of the chairman of the Department of Mathematical Sciences.

that is the most intimidating thing I have ever read